Moose's blog

Thursday, June 05, 2008

The Quarter Century Mark with a Big Name

2003 Chateau Musar Cuvee Rouge:

I've heard the name Chateau Musar muttered occasionally. Good luck finding it at shops that aren't serious about their business. A relative's wine cellar is packed with a Chateau Margaux, some Lafite-Rothschild... and Musar. He's Lebanese but still.

I purchased this wine at the Wine Library, I wasn't about to drop $40 on the GOOD Musar, so I settled for the $15 version. For me it had a vegetable component on the nose, and a definite tartness to the flavor. Lots of fruit coming through. But definitely a lighter version of whatever their main offering is.

Get a lot done with wine as far as my journey goes. Another country, and a non-traditional one at that, is knocked off [Lebanon]. Since this is a blend, I get to mark off two more grapes, Cinsault and Carignan, the first two grapes listed [no percentages] in a blend including Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah.

The main Musar offering will definitely be tried eventually.

Wine Count: 25; Country Count: 12; Grape Count: 25.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home