Moose's blog

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Back on Track

Wine Number 24:

2004 Las Moras Tannat Reserve

After a couple of boring wines we're officially back to the good stuff. Knocked out another country in Argentina. I was surprised to see the wine was from Argentina, but after reading a bit on the history I shouldn't be. Originally [to the best of our knowledge] from the south of France, the wine migrated to Uruguay and eventually made it's way down to Argentina. Now I want to try some Uruguaian Tannat.

The wine itself was not over-tannic as you might expect from a wine called Tannat. Noticeable oak, but notice I didn't say "over"-oaked. Good and interesting fruit. I got it for $15, it is probably offered cheaper in store, which makes this a great buy.


Wine Count 24; Country Count: 11; Grape Count: 23

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home