Moose's blog

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Couple Snoozers

Every now and then you get lucky when you try new wines and look for values. Every now and then... you don't. The latter happened last week when I looked for a couple inexpensive wines to have with some friends. I got two grapes out of the way, but also found two wines I won't buy again. The tasting notes are basically similar... forgettable and light. The La Francesa was a bit funky and the poorer of the two. Here's the information:

Wine Number 22:

2005 La Francesca Valpolicella: Like I said, a bit funky, light and forgettable. Would not buy again at any price. Corvina grape.

Wine Number 23:

2004 Moncaro "Ensino Rosso": Contains 40% Montepulciano grape, a wine I've had several times but is not on this list because it's usually at dinner or friends' houses. Wine was okay but nothing really going on.

Wine Count: 23; Grape Count: 22.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home